Environment Overview of Environmental Impact / Third-Party Assurance
Environmental Information — Scope of Disclosure and Third-Party Assurance
In the CSR Activities Report, the Group tracks and discloses environmental information for the Company and all of its domestic and overseas consolidated subsidiaries.
In addition, we received third-party assurance from KPMG AZSA Sustainability Co., Ltd. for the PDF version of the CSR Activities Report in order to increase the reliability of principal environmental performance indicators under "Input and Output for the Group."
- (Note) Environmental performance indicators for which assurance has been received have the third-party assurance mark: "" is attached in the PDF version. Please view the independent third-party assurance report on page 161.
- Companies subject to environmental information collection and disclosure
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Factory Ltd., Tanabe Seiyaku Yoshiki Factory Co., Ltd., Yoshitomiyakuhin Corporation, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Provision Co., Ltd., Tanabe Total Service Co., Ltd., Tanabe Palm Service Co., Ltd., Bipha Corporation
- North America:
- Tanabe Research Laboratories U.S.A., Inc., Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Development America, Inc., Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America, Inc., Medicago R&D Inc. (including the Medicago Head Office), Medicago U.S.A. Inc., MTPC Holdings Canada, Inc., Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Holdings America, Inc., MP Healthcare Venture Management, Inc.
- Tianjin Tanabe Seiyaku Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Korea Co., Ltd.*, Taiwan Tanabe Seiyaku Co., Ltd.*, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Indonesia*, Tai Tien Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma (Thailand)Co., Ltd., NeuroDerm Ltd., Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Development (Beijing) Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Europe Ltd., Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma GmbH
- *Bipha Corporation ended business on September 30, 2017 (it used energy during fiscal 2018)
- *Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Provision Co., Ltd. changed its name from Tanabe Total Service Co., Ltd. on January 1, 2019, and started business anew.
- *All overseas head offices are added to the total of non-production bases.
Input and Output for the Group
The PDF version of CSR Activities Report 2019 have received third-party assurance from KPMG AZSA Sustainability Co., Ltd.
To better calculate and disclose the environmental impact of the Group, the following changes were made in the fiscal 2018 version.
1. The environmental impact of other companies located within the Yoshitomi Plant worksite was proportionally divided among each company and excluded from the environmental impact of the Group. The excluded environmental impact is shown below.
- NOx 6.8 tons; SOx 3.5 tons; particulate matter 0.1 tons
- COD 12.3 tons; nitrogen 13.8 tons, phosphorus 0.5 tons
- Waste output: 2,026 tons, emissions 290 tons
2. We recalculated the Company's environmental impact at the Yokohama Site that was not apportioned, and then added it to the environmental impact of the Group. The added environmental impact is shown below.
- NOx 0.7 0 tons
- Waste output 98 tons, emissions 65 tons, final disposal 6 tons
3. We calculated and added purchased electricity at overseas offices. The added environmental impact is shown below.
- Purchased electricity 1,521 MWh
- Greenhouse gases 759tons-CO2eq